Tofu = never, ever boring
Tofu seems to get a pretty bad rap amongst non-vegans; but if you know how to do it right, tofu can be the absolute bomb.
This teriyaki tofu is really quick and simple, yet totally delicious – so much so, it can seduce even the most stubborn meat-eater!
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside this dish:
- Tofu: packed with protein (super important for vegans!)
- Sesame seeds: good source of fibre to support digestive health
- Ginger: can help to reduce inflammation in the body
- Garlic: can help to prevent common illnesses (e.g. colds)
- Onion: loaded with antioxidants
- Red pepper: fabulously rich in vitamin C
Quick, tasty, and healthy. We like.
- 1 pack extra firm tofu (we use Tofoo)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 red pepper (chopped)
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 50ml dark soy sauce
- 80ml water
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- Put the soy sauce, water, ginger, garlic, and cornflour in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Chop the tofu, then add to the mixing bowl and leave to marinade for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan on medium heat, add the chopped onion and red pepper, then fry until soft.
- Add the tofu marinade to the pan and stir fry, mixing well, for 5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Serve with a sprinkling of sesame seeds.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan