A smoothie in a bowl? Yessssss
Acai bowls are one of those super trendy vegan recipes which people often don’t realise they can make at home – and pretty easily, too.
This superfood smoothie mixture is glorious when enjoyed on its own, but equally as tasty when poured into a bowl and topped with granola, fresh fruit, nuts, and seeds.
And it’s totes Insta-worthy.
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside this bad boy:
- Acai berry: loaded with antioxidants, and high in vitamins A and E to help maintain healthy skin
- Banana: full of vitamin B6 to support your nervous system
- Strawberries: excellent source of vitamin C which is necessary for immune and skin health
- Blueberries: anti-inflammatory and also high in vitamin C
Time to get yo’ berry on.
Acai Berry Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 120g frozen blueberries
- 120g frozen strawberries
- 15g acai berry powder
- Freeze your fruit if it isn't already frozen (remember to chop up the banana – you can freeze the blueberries and strawberries whole).
- Blend the ingredients together with 100-200ml water.
- Enjoy as a smoothie, or in a bowl along with desired toppings.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan