The fluffiest vegan pancakes EVER
We love oat-based pancakes. We do. But they just lack that little extra something that makes pancakes so irresistible.
What is it, you ask? The fluff factor.
Well, never fear; this vegan banana pancake recipe is sweet, fluffy, and makes an excellent Sunday morning breakfast. Just sayin’.
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside this pile of deliciousness:
- Banana: full of vitamin B6 to support your nervous system
- Soya, oat, or nut milk: depending on the brand, can provide added vitamins and minerals including vitamin D, vitamin B12, and calcium
But let’s be honest, we’re not eating pancakes for our health – although this version is (relatively) guilt-free.
Make ’em even dirtier by topping them with maple syrup, single soya, or even a good old vegan nutella. Yeehaw!
- 1 banana
- 1/4 tbsp maple syrup
- 120g self-raising flour
- 150ml oat, nut, or soya milk
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- pinch of salt
- Peel the banana and add it to a mixing bowl, then mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add your chosen milk, flour, maple syrup, olive oil, and salt to the mixing bowl, and gently whisk until fully combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, spoon 2 tablespoons of batter into the pan (you can use the spoon to mould it into a circular shape).
- Fry the pancake for 1-2 minutes until golden brown, then flip and fry on the other side. If the pancakes start to stick or brown too quickly, add a little more oil to the pan.
- Remove to a plate, then repeat for the rest of the pancakes until the mixture is used up.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan