Spice up your life with this ginger & sesame combo
Tempeh – like tofu – is a super versatile protein source for us vegans. And its nutty deliciousness works so perfectly in a stir fry like this!
If you love a bit of spice, you’re gonna adore this combo of Asian-inspired flavours. Plus, this simple stir fry takes less than 15 minutes from prep to table, so it’s fabulous for throwing together super quickly.
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside:
- Tempeh: awesome source of protein
- Carrots: high in beta carotene, vitamin K1, and fibre
- Beansprouts: rich in tons of vitamins and minerals (not too bad for protein, either!)
- Onion: packed with vitamin C, B, and potassium
- Ginger: anti-inflammatory, great for soothing the digestive system
- Sesame: provides additional protein and fibre
Feel free to sub in any extra veggies you fancy and really make this dish your own!
Ginger & Sesame Tempeh Stir Fry
- 1 pack 200g tempeh
- 1 inch piece of ginger
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 carrots
- 200g beansprouts
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive or rapeseed oil in a wok or frying pan on a medium heat.
- Dice the tempeh and add it to the pan, then fry until golden.
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic and add to the pan, frying until softened, then add the sesame seeds and fry until golden.
- Add the sesame oil, dark soy sauce and a splash of water and stir fry together on a medium heat.
- Chop the carrots into sticks then add to the pan along with the beansprouts, and cook for a couple of minutes until the veggies are cooked but still crunchy.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan