The perfect addition to any vegan breakfast
No vegan fry-up or breakfast burrito is complete without scrambled tofu! This tasty, protein-packed dish is so quick and easy to make, you’ll wanna have it every morning.
We love to whip this up with a few vegan sausages, hash browns, and a bit of avocado (or guac and salsa, if you’re feelin’ fancy). And if you’re not feelin’ fancy, simply throw it on toast and enjoy!
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside:
- Tofu: absolutely bangin’ source of plant-based protein
- Turmeric: contains powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties
- Paprika: loaded with nutrients, and a great source of vitamins A and E
- Lime juice: high in vitamin C
This tofu scramble is way tastier fresh, so enjoy it straight outta the pan where possible – you can always make more tomorrow (wink).
Turmeric Tofu Scramble
- 1 pack tofu (we use Tofoo)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp olive or rapeseed oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of the oil in a hot frying pan and crumble your tofu into the pan with your hands, so it resembles scrambled eggs.
- Add the turmeric, paprika, and a pinch (or a few pinches) of salt and pepper, according to your taste.
- Drizzle over the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil, and cook until the tofu starts to brown.
- Add the lime juice and give it a good stir.
- Take the tofu off the heat and serve immediately.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan