The tastiest vegan pesto around
Store-bought vegan pesto is so overpriced, and often contains tons of unnecessary ingredients. So why waste your money?
Not only is pesto super easy to make yourself, it tastes 1000% times better when eaten fresh. Once you try it, we promise you won’t wanna go back.
Here’s a breakdown of the goodness inside this dish:
- Tofu: packed with protein
- Basil: great source of vitamin K, which helps the body heal
- Almonds: provides protein, vitamin A, and manganese
- Garlic: can help to prevent common illnesses (e.g. colds)
- Onion: rich in vitamin C, which helps regulate immune health
- Broccoli: powerhouse plant bursting with vitamins and minerals
Time to say adiós to store-bought vegan pesto!
Basil & Almond Tofu Pesto
- 1 pack extra firm tofu (we use Tofoo)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 head of broccoli (chopped)
- 1 pack fresh basil
- 15g almonds
- 60ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1/2 lemon
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the onions over a medium heat until soft.
- Add the tofu and broccoli to the frying pan, and fry for a further 5 minutes.
- Grab your food processor, and add the basil, almonds, oil, garlic, juice of 1/2 lemon, salt, and pepper to a food processor and process until smooth.
- Scoop the mixture into the pan, stirring well and ensuring the tofu, broccoli, and onion are fully coated with the pesto, then fry on a low heat for 5 minutes and serve.
Did you make this recipe?
Let us know how it turned out! Leave a comment below and post your creation on Instagram using #theglowingvegan